There’s nothing like putting your heart in soul into building a business, developing relationships with your customers, and then getting orders to move. Depending on your business, you either have one of two reactions when those orders arrive. The first being “total epic meltdown” with thoughts such as: “What am I going to do?”, “I’ve worked so hard!”, “I’m just going to have to shut my business down and start over…AGAIN.” OR, you’re in the other camp with this attitude: “no biggie, I’m looking forward to decorating my new office.” Which attitude do you typically have?
We live in an extremely technologically advanced era. With the right models and systems in place, you don’t have to experience such anxiety when those orders arrive. You can get excited about your new PCS and rest assured your business, and your income, will not be affected in any way. I’m going to share with you the 3 keys to PCS Proofing your business:
1. Having the right business model
If you can operate your business with a laptop and a cell phone, you can create a PCS PROOF business. If you have dreams of creating a cupcake shop or a clothing store with a brick and mortar location, then you need to find a way of bringing your business online. So instead of a clothing store on Main Street, you would want to create an online clothing boutique.
Having the right business model is key. So whether you’re operating a physical product business or a service based business, you need to be able to conduct business with an easy online ordering system or email invoicing system. It’s important to design your product offerings in such a way that you can sell your products from any location and still be successful. If there’s a way to order online from you at any time, then there is a way to automate your business so that you can get sales coming in and customers from all over. This is the foundation of a PCS Proof Business.
2. Developing the right systems
With the correct systems in place, you can have income arriving in your bank account whether you’re settled at your new station or hopping from hotel to hotel. Automation is key for those business owners that may have ways to order online, but most of your connections and business building has historically been done in person. This is a reoccurring theme particularly with direct sales businesses. Putting the right systems in place can involve:
- Creating an email list to connect with your customers from anywhere you’re stationed, at any time. This is how you generate repeat business from past customers. The emails can be automated so that while you’re moving, or spending time with your family, you can still be connecting with customers and driving sales.
- Consider using a project management system such as, Asana, or Trello. They are free services that will help you stay focused. It’s like an online check- list and great for creating systems.
- You can also set up a system for welcoming new clients each month, invoicing your clients or up-selling your clients.
Systems are key to PCS Proofing your business.
3. Learning how to leverage social media.
When done correctly, social media is the game changer with PCS Proofing your business. This is how you can communicate with your customers from all over the world. By leveraging social media and really incorporating your personality into your business, you can provide value, generate repeat business and truly expand your reach outside the people you already know.
You might be using social media to grow your business right now, and it might be working really well for you; or, it might not. If you’re ready to up your social media game, here are a few tips:
- Be more consistent with your postings. Are you talking to your followers at least once a week? Use a free scheduler like Hootsuite and schedule your posts for the week or the month ahead of time.
- Adjust your messaging. Are you constantly promoting and selling? STOP selling your products all of the time and start providing value. By value, I mean give them information that is helpful. Once they know they can trust you, they’ll be more likely to purchase from you.
- Do more video. Since you can’t be there in person, video is the next best thing. Most people won’t care where you’re located if they are still getting loads of great information from you. Facebook LIVE is a great way to beat Facebook’s algorithm. If you feel your reach is limited on your Facebook page, video is a great way to give it a boost.
- Utilize Facebook groups by either creating your own OR offering value in other groups. To provide value, you simply help solve problems within your area of expertise. People will then begin to know, like and trust you in those groups.
To recap: If you have a way that customers can purchase your products or services at any time, if you set up the right systems so that you can connect with your customers anywhere, anytime, AND THEN you use social media to connect with new customers, you have then created a PCS PROOF business.
If you need help in any of these areas, that’s what I’m here for, so please feel free to send me an email or check out the classes and programs available in The Work from Anywhere Business Academy
Have a great day,